Sunday, April 13, 2008

April 12







Today was the Third Annual Tabletop Extravaganza at my church here in Grand Forks. It is a fundraiser for the Community Violence Intervention Center. My mom and her friend started this event and it has been very well received. They work so hard on it! An individual sponsors a table and choses a theme to decorate their table. People are so creative! The person then sells tickets to have women sit at their table. There is a lunch (prepared by the church women), entertainment and a lot of socializing! The event grows a little bit each year (this year there were 21 tables). It's a really fun morning and, for me, has become kind of an "official" kick-off to Spring. I did not intend to post so many pictures, but there were so many terrific tables and details that I just keep uploading! :)
One more note: my sister, Kristi, sponsored two tables. Her themes were "When Life Gives You Lemons" and "Pirates Booty". I'm sure you can figure out which pictures go with her tables! :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christiana said...

I love the tables! Your sister did a great job. I always have to call my mom to decorate anything like that.

Chell said...

WOW those are some amazing tables...great pictures capturing all the colors and details.

Val said...

Wow! What a cool party! Lots to photograph too!

pat said...

What a fun idea!! I'd love to see more of the tables. THere are some wonderful ideas here!!! I am always amazed by how creative people are.

C said...

These look like a lot of fun! That would be so cool to do! I'd totally do this! Great themes and shots here! :)

Jess said...

WOW, those table decorations are all AMAZING! I was going to ask if you just went to a ton of cool parties, lol! I would LOVE to go to something like this, how neat!

Suzy said...

Oh how fun! I love the different tabletops!

Mom2Drew said...

Increidble! I love them all, but the clothesline with the baby clotes is dynamite.

You have to have permission (release form) to post recognizable faces online. Or...you should at least.

Tera Fraley said...

Oh wow, these are so neat!! They look perfect! Hope you all had a great turnout!

Becky said...

What a great fundraiser, and the tables are beautiful!

Margaret said...

What an amazing event for a great cause. I love all the decorations. I'm always amazed at the creativity of others. Love the way you captured these.

Bobbi said...

What an awesome cause! All the tables look great.

Sharon said...

That's really cool idea!

Angela2932 said...

Debbi, this is so cool! What a great idea! And now, what a wonderful "resource" for finding some interesting ideas for table decorations (especially your sister's!) I really like her pirate chest, and the lantern, on the pirate table.