Friday, July 11, 2008

Time with Friends

We spent the last couple of days with friends a their family's lake home in Minnesota. Amy and I have been friends since Junior High. In fact, Amy was reminding me this week that we met when we were as old as Abby (summer before 8th grade). Where has the time gone? Kind of a depressing fact. It didn't help that I had just been looking at pictures on my high school's 20 year reunion site and thinking "wow - those women look like middle aged moms". Uh - hello - that's me - a middle aged Mom. In my head I'm quite sure I don't look a day over 28. Yeah, right. Yuck!
Anyways, we had a terrific time hanging out at the cabin, tubing down the Ottertail River, boating and eating pizza. My girls had a blast and they all got along really well - it's so fun to see them together! Thanks Adsems and Olsons for a terrific time!

I'm cheating on the picture today - Amy actually took this one of the girls getting ready for tubing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so fun to get everyone together. This is such a fun pic. Looks like they are really having a great time.

I know what you mean about time. I am almost 30! AHHHHH....30? I don't feel it though...I guess that is all that matters, right?

(oh and I definitely don't look it either...yeah, right!)

♥ Amy said...

I'll be hitting 40 next year and that sounds way too old to me, too. I think my mind got stuck around 28 like you. I guess it's all about how old we feel, right? Looks like lots of "girl" fun!

pat said...

Ok, I would LOVE to be almost 30, or even 40, again! Some days I look in the mirror and am shocked at the old woman looking back at me. LOL! Ah, river tubing--one of my favorite things. Looks like a fun bunch of girls.

summerbl4ck said...

i'm convinced we ARE actually the age we feel. So if you feel 28, go with it! my dh is 6 yrs younger than i am, so i say that makes me 32 too! i liked the pink backdrop--is that a pink house or cabin?? looks so summery

Bobbi said...

From your avatar you don't look a day over 28! How awesome to have a friend you have know so long.

Angela2932 said...

Well, I think Amy did great with this photo! Looks like your trip has been wonderful fun!