Saturday, May 3, 2008

How Do You Like to Go Up in a Swing......

Up in the air so blue? Oh I do think it the pleasantest thing ever a child can do!......Every time my kids get on a swing I can hear my Mom saying that poem to me when I was little. I need to read more poetry to my kids. I have such great memories of reading poems as a child, but don't seem to read them with my kids. So, as I write this, I am deciding to make reading poems a goal for summer reading with the girls!

It was a beautiful day here - full of soccer games, a track meet, and a mini gymnastics meet for Kate. It's so great to have all the neighborhood kids outside playing again and hearing them yelling and laughing outside. Makes me more anxious for summer vacation! Our kids have about 13 days left (but I have more like 22). It's hard to believe another school year is almost over!

15 comments:

Jess said...

I love that poem! My mom used to sy it to me too when she pushed me in the swing as a child! How cool!

Chell said...

Fun pictures, never heard the poem before but I always loved to swing as a kid.

amazing grace said...

what a fun sunshiny day!! glad you had a great day!

April said...

oh that's a great picture.

selena said...

That's a neat poem...I've never heard it before! The close up of your dd is great!

Angela2932 said...

This look so blissful, and I know the bliss of the weather today in GF! I wish I had thought of reciting poetry to my kids as they swung; they insisted I make up crazy songs for them, but poetry would have been so much better! Abby (?) is so beautiful and I love both of these photos. Both highlight something different about her; the joy and bliss of her personality in the first, and her beautiful face in the 2nd.

pat said...

I love that poem! I still have the book my mom used to read to me... Great shots--she looks so carefree and happy.

Anonymous said...

THats really sweet...

Amy said...

These are beautiful shots of your dd and I love the poem! Sounds like a fun, busy day!

Ginnie said...

The picture on the right is a really great capture. Love it!

Sharon said...

Love that photo on the right. Great smile.

Tera Fraley said...

Sounds like a fun day! Love that little poem!

Becky said...

Don't know that poem, but my mom would sing, "Oh, would you like to swing on a star...carry moonbeams home in a jar?" She looks like she's having fun. I so admire your shots of your DDs.

Katie said...

she looks so happy I love the colors.

Joanne Fowler said...

I sing this everytime I push DS on the swing! Love it! These are so great, the color is perfect!