Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 7-13 - Chicago Review









I spent a long weekend in Chicago with Brian, Abby and good friends this past weekend while our girls competed in a gymnastics meet on Navy Pier. We had a wonderful time with our friends and the girls did a terrific job at the meet! The most eventful part of the weekend was a long wait on the interstate in Wisconsin as we waited for the road to be cleared of about 22 inches of snow just south of Madison. I've never seen so many semi-trucks in my life! We saw Wicked, visited the Shedd Aquarium, Sears Tower and John Hancock Building as well as eating a lot of great food and doing some shopping on Michigan Avenue. The meet was a lot of fun. It is the largest meet in the nation with over 4000 gymnasts. One of the photos I'm sharing is of John Rothlisberger who gave an inspiration speech to the girls after their meet - very cool! Chicago is such a fun city - I hope we get to go back again soon!

19 comments:

Becky said...

These are all nice! Sounds like you had a blast.

Shannon said...

Those photos are great Debbi! Jeff and I went to school at the U with John and Jeff knows him, so right away I recognized him:)

Good job on all of the hardware to Abby!!

Jess said...

Wow, what a fun trip! Congrats on the medals! I love your city pics too, and the snowy trees are stunning!

Lauren Hartman said...

Sounds like you were heading in to Chicago as we were heading out. Our flight was delayed a day due to the snow you were fighting while trying to drive in. Love the photos you showed and I REALLY wish i had thought to take a picture of all the "falling ice" signs. I'd never seen them before! Hope the girls did well at their meet - you got a beautiful capture on the bars!!!

Amy said...

Love your photos! Sounds like a fun trip, Chicago is an awesome city!

Mom2Drew said...

Sounds/looks like you had a blast! Boy do I remember those days well...my best event was vault and floor. Congrats on the medals too.

Angela2932 said...

Congratulations on the medals! These are awesome shots! I especially like the one of the two girls by the lake. . . and the tree. . . and the Sears tower. Well, ok, I like them all! (But the one of the two girls has such perfect coloring and composition!)

Stacey said...

Oh, I love going to Chicago! Glad you had so much fun, great shots!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Wow the snow on the tree shot - awesome.

Mandy said...

Fantastic! That shot of your DD on the bar is really outstanding and you got just fabulous color and focus.

Chicago is definitely a place I would love to visit, and eat, and shop!

Reds said...

Great pics - my fave is the one of the tree! Wow!!

mamawest777 said...

You did great on all these!! Totally in love with 1, 3, and 5, though!!! Sooo jealous you got to see Wicked!! I bet it was wonderful!!

Hey! Did you know we're both in Tori's group? ;0)

Liz said...

Debbi that shot of your DD on bars is freaking awesome!!!! I can't wait until Lilia has her cast handstand, for now she is still working on it.
I am in Tori's group as well, we should all 'get together' on a messenger and chat sometime. :)

For Over 29 Years... said...

How fun! That's awesome they did so well!

Shawna said...

Wow great shots! The snowy tree shot is gorgeous! But it looks sooo cold! And the skyscraper is awesome, great angle!

Val said...

LOVE the snowy trees!

Unknown said...

I love all of these! Looks like you all had a blast... one more place i wanna go this summer.

Tera Fraley said...

Yeah congrats!! I love the first one, thats neat!! Oh and I remember seeing those signs when I was in Chicago- I found it odd. LOL!! Great snow covered trees too!

Tori said...

these are great! I love the snowy trees.... very pretty and nice lines, too.