Monday, March 24, 2008

March 25

WARNING: this might be a rambling post! I posted my running shoes today as my "faith" theme post. I posted them for several reasons. First of all, I MUST have faith that the weather will start to improve (melting that darn snow in the background!) and that spring will come. I know I complain a lot about North Dakota. It really is a wonderful place to live, but this is the WORST time of the year. We don't really have spring - we jump from winter to slushy mess to summer. March and April can get really long! But I have faith that the temps will increase, the snow will melt and green will appear. I am so anxious to be able to get back outdoors walking and running and relaxing in my back yard!

These shoes also represent the faith that I have in myself for some goals I have set. It was nice to have a 5 day break this past weekend. It gave me some time to get things organized around my house as we begin the final 9 weeks of our school year. It also gave me some time to do some reading and relaxing and refocusing. I really needed to take time to reflect and re-focus on some goals I have for myself. It was a nice boost! So, these shoes are a symbol of the faith that I have in myself to work towards those goals.

17 comments:

Kristina said...

Cool shoe shot! I enjoyed reading your journaling too. I IS so important to reflect and regroup. Thanks for sharing that.

Jess said...

This is great! Your writing really hits home with me too. I could really use some "me" time as well!

Michelle said...

nice composition here. i need to get my shoes out and shoot them--give me some motivation like yours. good luck!

Angela2932 said...

Nice depth of field, and nice depth of faith in things to come. Your shoes are a great symbol, although today's weather may well have challenged that faith a bit, my friend!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Great post- I love your journaling! :) Hopefully it will warm up for you SOON!

pakosta said...

great shot! and good for YOU!!!!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

Our Rocky Mountain Springs are very volitile! I know how March and April can be a bit long, but hang in there...there will be warm weather soon enough and then, we'll be hoping for fall.

Tracie said...

I really enjoyed reading your journaling and I like your take on this week's theme.

Amy said...

Great shot of your running shoes! I live in Lake Tahoe and think we have lots of similar weather patterns, we pretty much don't have spring either!

Anonymous said...

What great color on these shoes. I used the SAME shoes that you have on my last marathon. So...let me tell you, those babies can really hold up to ANY goal you set.

Reds said...

Great journaling - good luck with your goals!!!

Becky said...

I love your take on the theme and it's such a nice sharp shot! March and are the same way here in Maine so I can really relate.

Val said...

Nice! Great color. I like how you set the shoes up

pat said...

Nice shot, and great journaling. A lot of faith is about symbols, so I think this is a great post.

Anonymous said...

Cool shot and nice journaling.

Tori said...

Nice shot! And I enjoyed your journaling too. Good luck working toward your goal!

jewels said...

You have great composition in your writing...sooo far from rambling. I am inspired to pull out my shoes after reading this! Good luck, keep us updated on how you do in reaching your goals!