Monday, March 31, 2008

March 31


We don't really have a lot of the typical signs of Spring around here (no flowers or tree buds!). There are, however, some big local events that mark the fact that Spring is arriving. One of those is playoff hockey season! The University of North Dakota is located in Grand Forks - Home of the Fighting Sioux (a nickname that has a great deal of controversy surrounding it right now!). The hockey team is very important to this community (hockey, in general, is important to this community). Anyways, our team played in the Midwest Regional Final this weekend and won!! So the Sioux are going to the Frozen Four in two weeks in Denver. YIPPEE!!! It's very exciting!! Here are the headlines of our paper today. This trip to Destination Denver will receive a lot of press for the next couple of weeks!

14 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, that is awesome! I wish them the best of luck in the upcoming games! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!! Good luck to them in the up coming games!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Come on to Denver! I LOVE hockey and want my boys to play when they are old enough.

Margaret said...

Cool shots! Exciting for your area!

Amy said...

Cool shots, I really like the title of the first article! I hope they do well! You'd think hockey would be popular here (Lake Tahoe) since we have so much snow and lots of ice arenas...

Suzy said...

Great take on the theme!

lcp said...

Hockey is huge in our house! I couldn't wake my ds up this morning for school from a late night with daddy at a hockey game! Hockey season goes until June...so these are perfect for spring! :-)

Jason said...

Go Sioux! I love hockey.... great shot,

Anonymous said...

good luck to them. No spring flowers popping up?

Becky said...

Congrats to you on your team! I haven't followed hockey in many years, which is sad because it's big around here and I even went to the University of Maine, whose hockey team has been to the Frozen Four several times.

Val said...

Cool shots!

Anonymous said...

Woo hooo! What a great way to capture headlines. I am a total sport junky, but you know, I just cannot get into ice hockey unless I am actually there! Congrats to you guys for making the frozen four though. I will be watching sport center and cheering them on.

Angela2932 said...

I know this is practically sacriligious, but I don't have much interest in hockey. I like the excitement in generates, but I find it hard to watch, without doing something else along with it. . . But I'm really happy when it makes everyone blissed out around me! And then there's curling. . .

Kari said...

Congrats!