Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jammin' in the New Year



We are one of those crazy families that got into the Wii craze this holiday season. So, our New Year has involved a lot of Guitar Hero, and Wii sports (Tennis is the big hit). Tried the boxing on Sunday and could not stand fully upright on Monday morning. I didn't realize there were that many muscles in my back!


POTD is Abby jammin' away on Guitar Hero. I think I'm pretty good (on the Easy level) until I see her on the Medium. Then I just feel old and slow. I really like the look of concentration on her face! These were taken in our basement with no flash (and the lighting is bad). Bumped the ISO up to 800. Shot in Av mode, 1/20 sec exposure, 2.8-3.2f with 50mm lens (should have changed lens as I couldn't get back far enough).


14 comments:

Val said...

Great expression on her face!

Mom2Drew said...

Congrats on keeping both her hands in that first shot. I would much rather see the guitar cut off than a limb/body part. The light is nice and warm, maybe just it just needs a tiny levels/curves adjustment to make it a bit lighter.

Anonymous said...

Dont they just love guitar hero. My kids got guitar hero and The band and the noise is driving me nuts. I like the warm light.

Leslie Morgan said...

Love the expression. And I agree with the muscles in the back (I did the boxing also - ouch). Sorry, I'm new to the photography thing so no advice - I just love the pics!

Mandy said...

Hahaha...I think my husband has the exact expression on his face when he plays. Great capture~

Tori said...

She looks like she's concentrating really hard in the first one!

jordan.krogman said...

I am impressed that there isn't any camera shake noticeable with your ss so slow. You must have steady hands! I really like your composition on both of these, and the intensity you caught. Good work! :)

cherie said...

great shots of her playing.

Kristi said...

Guitar hero is all the rage right now, isn't it!? Cool shots! I would lighten them a tad...maybe just a curves boost!

emilyc said...

Wow, great shots given the conditions. I really like the second shot.

Katie said...

Guitar Hero is the rage at our house too...I bought it for my husband but guess who has played it more? ummm..yea...me.....my family started worrying it was going to take over my photography obsession (no such luck..haha)

The pics look great..just a little lighter (as already mentioned) would be good....

Tera Fraley said...

Sounds like fun!! I told dh we need a wii and I dont like video games. Great clarity here.

Stacey said...

We just got our wii for christmas too and we just LOVE it!

Becky said...

I love how every guitar hero photo I see the subject has that intense look of concentration. I am a total failure at that game...I can't even do the easy level. My kids are "experts."