Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 5 - New Year of Gymnastics



The beginning of the year also marks the beginning of a very busy season for my family - gymnastics season! All three of my girls are in gymnastics and the older two are on competitive teams. Our first meet was this weekend in Minneapolis and both girls had a lot of fun and did well. They had fun - I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I cannot believe how stressed out I get. It made me thing about re-evaluating my new year "goals/resolutions" to include something about keeping it all in perspective!


I find gymnastics photography to be incredibly challenging. Poorly lit gyms with a lot of movement and no flashes allowed. Makes for a lot of blurry, grainy pictures! The first is just an action shot of Meg. The second is probably compositionally a disaster, but it touched me as a Mom. She seems so small in comparison to the equipment and I just want to go and give her a hug as she waits for the judges to tell her to start. Definitely a photo I'll use for scrapbooking to journal about what the experience is like for me.


1 comment:

Tomboymama said...

I think these are great! I really love the colors almost make you feel like you could be there! What a neat thing to be able to document.