Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 7 Focus on the New Year



As I mentioned in a previous post, Meg turned 9 last weekend. So, it is also a "new year' for her. Instead of a party here in Grand Forks, she was promised that she and her best friend (also in Minneapolis for gymnastics) could go to the Mall of America and get their hair and nails done as well as go on a few rides at the amusement park in the mall. These are some photos. I realize these probably have nothing to do with focus - other than I find it a challenge to get both eyes in focus when doing close up photos with large aperature. I also had to work on getting both girls in focus as they were walking away from me!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

that first shot is so cute! Both are great shots!
cari

Kristi said...

She is just gorgeous in her crown! I love that shot!

C said...

these and all the gymnastic pictures look good to be! :)

Ljsmom33 said...

She is stunning! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures Debbi. Especially the one of Abby looking at you. What lens do you use in the gym? I am really enjoying your blog! Are you?

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! I also love the gymnastic photos!

Mandy said...

Happy birthday to your little one! The first shot is my fav! What a beautiful girl.

I have never been to the Mall of America. I don't think my hubby dares to let me in there. :P

Unknown said...

oooh how fun! Love these!

Tomboymama said...

What a great birthday. I love these 2 photos. The first one is really sweet. The matching backpacks and opposite legs forward at the same time in the second one is so cute. You have beautiful girls!

Val said...

She's so pretty!

Mom2Drew said...

About gymnastic photos...what is the fastest lens you've got? That's what I would use and then, you will still probably have to bump up your ISO. Make sure your SS is 125 and you will be less likely to get blur. Oh, and do you own a monopod...it gives you stability without being as cumbersome as a tripod. Those are a few ideas and I was a gymnast for 15 years!

April Michelle said...

She's pretty! She looks like a princess in the crown.

Margaret said...

Love that crown! And I love that walking away shot, too. I love to take shots like that!

Tori said...

These are great...as well as the ones from your last two posts. A good friend of mine in school was big in gymnastics and I always wanted to get started in it... never did though. I was too much of a scaredy-cat! :)

Ashley Hiskes said...

Great pictures! And I love your blog header too.

Becky said...

Love the matching backpacks and hairdos. Nice angle.

Anonymous said...

Cute shot. What a fun time.