Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 16 - Winter Blahs







January is a tough month in North Dakota. It's cold, we don't have a lot of sunshine, and it's dark early. Oh how I long for the warm days of summer and fall! It's not very inspirational for photo taking - that's for sure!
The last photo is one last one from Cinderella this past weekend. Abby got really sick on Friday so this isn't a terrific photo for her, but I thought Kate's expression was cute - and very typical of her ability to steal the scene and have it be all about her! :) The middle was taken this morning from my office window. You'll notice in the background that at least the sun was shining today! But the piles of "snirt" (snow+dirt) are all over and I'm tired of looking at them! The first is my favorite thing to do on winter nights - get in my pj's, put up my feet and flip through magazines and books.

Not much photoshop tonight other than adjusting color and contrast. I did do a slight vignette on the picture of the girls.

15 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the last picture. Looks so fun.

Mandy said...

Wow...I love the expression on the last shot. That is great.

The first shot...that is just so wonderful. It does remind me that I "need" a pedicure though. (Need in quotation marks because I definitely DON'T need one, I just want someone to touch my feet)

Sharon said...

Fun photos.

Anonymous said...

Love that last shot!!! I agree...I am in Chicago and in the winter it doesn't make for pretty photos!!!
Cari

Margaret said...

Cute shot of the girls. That snowpile looks too familiar! Foot shot is cute,too!

Val said...

I need a pedi too. The toes definitely get neglected in winter. LOL about snirt

Val said...

I need a pedi too. The toes definitely get neglected in winter. LOL about snirt

Tomboymama said...

Snirt! Too funny, I have not heard that before. I am from Alaska originally so I know what you mean about the sunshine. It makes you crazy!. Love, love, love that one of the girls. Her expression is so cute!

Mom2Drew said...

We have a high of 8 today so I can understand cabin fever a bit. That last one is darling and I love that snow pile;)

Farrah Jobling said...

the first one is really funny! =) I love the last one!

Jessica said...

brrrr...I get cold when it is 40 degrees! I cannot imagine living in N. Dakota. Really cute 1st photo!

Liz said...

Your DDs face in that last photo is adorable. All I can think is.. Here I AM!!!!!! LOL
I enjoy cozying up on the couch on long winter nights too, nothing better than getting all snuggly and going through the POTDs. :)

Becky said...

Love that last one. Funny kid!

April said...

cute..love the last shot..i hate snirt!! love the word though. you're brave to do the feet picture..i hate my feet. so stubby and ugly. your pedi looks nice!!

Amy said...

Looks like the girls had a lot of fun! Great shot.