Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17


This is the running/biking/walking path that we use a lot in the summer. Oh how I miss it! Doesn't it look desolate and lonely? I love that first day of getting back on it. The path is right along the river and is a great place to take the kids. They call it The Greenway - it is one of the positive things that came out of the flood that devastated our community 10 years ago.

We had a beautiful sunset last night. I don't think the color of the snow is right. I really struggled getting it the right color - the sunset put such a color cast on it. The top one actually has more pping done to it - adjusted the color curves more.

5 comments:

Becky said...

What a pretty view. I love the composition of this. I would try playing with levels to brighten it up.

Mandy said...

Wow! This is so beautiful even without anything done to it. Its so peaceful and soft.

April said...

ooh..that is a gorgeous shot. great job!

Val said...

Love the contrast of the warm sunset and the cold snow

Angela2932 said...

The top one looks like a travel poster! It's beautiful! I think the snow looks really good in the top one, and what a contrast! You and I are practically make ND look like a "travel destination", contrary to National Geographic!